The FedEx Complete for VirtueMart shipping extension is packed with features to help streamline your store operations. The base package provides shipping quotes for display on the front end of your site. From there you can add advanced packaging capabilities (helps to package items efficiently in your shipping boxes), the ability to create shipping labels & documents, package tracking and address validation.
Our FedEx rates system is a tested regularly to ensure that it provides the most accurate shipping quotes for your customers. If you put through a test order on your website and put the same shipment data through on fedex.com then you will receive a match between the two. We test each installation to be sure of it.
Choose to offer customers either account-specific negotiated shipping rates, or list rates (as they would appear to the average fedex.com user).
You will have the capability to markup or markdown a shipping level according based on the order total. This functionality can also be limited by state/province and customer group. 1 This is particularly useful if you are looking to offer free or flat rate shipping as a promotion, and is very easy to configure.
Additional Quoting Features
- Display estimated delivery dates
- Specify the delivery confirmation type
- Specify when insured value is submitted to FedEx and what percentage of the total value to send
- Set an overall handling fee for all service levels
- Set the default address type for quoting.
- Set the quote output sort order to be by service-type (UPS, FedEx, USPS) and then by amount.
- Specify to only quote for shipping on certain days (which moves the shipping quote date ahead).
- Specify whether to offer Saturday shipping and a separate cutoff time for those shipments.
- Pad the delivery dates returned by FedEx according to the time it takes to expedite your orders.
- Create quotes for products shipped from different vendors. The quoted amounts for each shipment are combined and displayed to the customer.
- Offer FedEx SmartPost if you are enrolled in that program.
FedEx Label Printing
Addition of FedEx label printing will allow you to easily create domestic and international FedEx labels & documents from within the VirtueMart order details screen. The system packs the products using the same technique used when quoting. Our drag and drop interface allows you to move items between packages, and to add additional boxes to the shipment.
Labels are returned in PDF, EPL or ZPL formats. PDF & Thermal format 4"x6" labels can be printed to your thermal printer, or you can print an 8.5"x11" label to a LaserJet printer. After printing, send an e-mail containing a tracking link, and update the order status with just one click.
Shipping addresses can also be validated from within this interface.
Our label printing system can also create shipments for different vendor's products on the same order.
FedEx Package Tracking
Our FedEx package tracking functionality allows you to proactively view the status of your shipments from the VirtueMart order details screen. You will see the event type, date/time and location for each event as recorded in the FedEx tracking system.
FedEx Address Validation
Give your customers the opportunity to validate their US and Canadian addresses while using the VirtueMart registration form, the account maintenance section or in the shopping cart. Submission of a validated address to FedEx results in a more accurate quote and helps to prevent costly address correction fees in the event of an undeliverable shipment.
Please note that addition of address validation to one page checkout systems requires custom coding and troubleshooting at a rate of USD $35/hr.
With FedEx Complete from CodeDonors.com there is no need to go outside of your store's admin interface for your shipping needs.
Questions? Please contact us.